Monday, February 20, 2012

Reflection on Blogging

I would say that my journey with blogs started this term from this class, and hopefully it will never stop. I've always thought that blogs are great ways to share ideas, news, etc. However, before this course, I had never thought that I could use blogs in school.

Unfortunately, in Saudi Arabia, technology is not being used in Education as much as it should be. One of my goals for my future career is to discover as many tools that could be used in education as I can. I think blogs are really good tools to be used for that purpose. Using blogs, teacher would be able to create engaging online lectures where they can include Text, videos, images, or podcasts. They can also have their students discuss and post their assignments online.

This is the first time I use Blogger and I love it! What I like about Blogger is the ease of use and its versatility. I didn't have a hard time building my own blog and organizing it. I also had fun adding some gadgets to my blog that I thought are useful for me and my visitors. I also like how it's easy to manipulate the templates to build a more unique blog.

 I remember last term ,in creating websites class, that I had such a hard time to create a blog in my own website, and I faced difficulties to get my website connected with western database. I think connecting blogging software programs to our websites would be a great way to add blogs to our websites.

I'm sure that blogging will help me with my future career, my personal life, and will hopefully connect me with people with the same fields and interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment